Laravel Fortify is a package developed by the Laravel community that aims to provide a simple and customizable authentication system for Laravel applications. It is built on top of Laravel and integrates seamlessly with Laravel’s ecosystem.
There are several reasons why developers might choose to use Laravel Fortify for authentication in their projects:
- Rapid Development: Fortify provides a set of pre-built authentication controllers, views, and logic that allow developers to quickly set up authentication features like registration, login, password reset, etc., with minimal effort.
- Security: Fortify follows best practices for authentication and security. It includes features like CSRF protection, rate limiting, and hashed pas
- swords, helping to safeguard against common security vulnerabilities.
- Customizability: While Fortify comes with sensible defaults, it also offers a high level of customization. Developers can modify the authentication logic, views, and routes according to their specific requirements without having to rewrite everything from scratch.
- Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA): Fortify supports multi-factor authentication, allowing you to add an extra layer of security to user accounts by requiring additional verification steps.
- Support for API Authentication: Fortify can be used for both web-based applications and API authentication, making it versatile for different types of projects.
- Consistency with Laravel Ecosystem: Since Fortify is developed by the Laravel community and officially maintained, it seamlessly integrates with other Laravel components, ensuring compatibility and long-term support.
- Community and Documentation: Being a widely used package, Fortify has an active community around it, which means you can find resources, tutorials, and solutions to common issues.
You can find more information on: